Sunday, March 28, 2010

THANK GOODNESS FOR PROMISES


















FREE FREE FREE LISTEN HERE IT IS

Just when I needed something to seriously chew on for the spring, here come these two little drug ruggin' rats from Brooklyn schlepping back for another round.  MGMT's feathered appearance and psychedelic revelry forced me into an obsession with them that rivaled cultism for a long, hot, steamy few months beginning in an infamous San Francisco hostel.  One of the characters I befriended would constantly play their debut album Oracular Spectacular when he showered.  This occurred in the bathroom right outside my room for some reason, and bemused by this habit of taking a stereo with him, I always suspected a freak accident and thought he would never emerge again (which he always did, to my surprise and delight). Alas, there will not be the same introduction to this album.  Congratulations will be a good for you're mind and your spirit, and start you on that summer rainbow walk where everything seems to be better just because you get to leave your long underwear at home finally...



No comments:

Post a Comment